I tried APB once, it sucked so bad. Why? That's because:
1. It was F2P. Everyone with a brain knows that F2P games are absolute crap(Everyone that pays are treated like a god, those who didn't don't get anything).
2. If you don't pay for premium for APB, customisation is SUPER limited. (25 symbols for a vinyl, 3 vinyls per avatar/clothes, 7 for car).
3. The driving in APB is COMPLETELY BROKEN if you have any more than 100 ping. You press the steering button, and it takes a second to respond. Apparently, this is the "Dev's way" of making the driving less laggy.
4. YOU CAN'T BUY GUNS. That is, unless you open your wallet or decide to use the crappy starter guns. All the guns can only be "bought" for 10 days before it "expires". What kind of genius would've thought this was a great ide- oh wait, It's a F2P game, that's why.
5. There is no permenant premium. Since most F2P games have a premium function, They require people to frequently send money to them. But no permenany premium? I'd rather spend money on Xbox live gold instead.
6. Most of the players use hacks. Since this is a F2P game, sad people can create millions of accounts to play without costing a single cent and using software to gain an advantage.
7. The tutorial is a complete waste of time. Since the devs have completely failed on educating the players on how to play the game properly, everyone's running around shooting the floor I'm playing on a match.
8. The matchmaking completely sucks. If you decide to play criminal, then I have some bad news for you. Most of the n00bs think that you can easily earn money as a criminal and eventually fail at it. Most of the good players are cops, from what I see.
9. Earning money is extremely difficult. Saints row has the luxury of hourly income, but in APB, the only way you're ever gaining money is to either do missions(which are broken), Sell stuff on the marketplace(that steals 20% of your earnings), rob as a criminal(and get caught by a cop), or steal a n00b criminal's money(and find out they're pro).
10. All the weapons are completely unbalanced. As you already know, this game is a F2P and since I mentioned earlier that you can't buy weapons, only rent them, All the RL money guns are completely better than the ordinary guns.
11. Modifications are extremely expensive, have little effect and take super long to unlock. As I mentioned earlier, This is a crappy F2P game, which means you have to farm kills of a single weapon around 1500 times to unlock a mod to find that the modification costs 60k or something for a level 3 one(only ones which make a difference). Since I bet you probably spent that money on renewing rental guns or buying more ammo, you're going to save up to find out you can only put modifications on slotted weapons/cars, which costs 10x the base gun/cars to only find out the pros of the modification have a small effect and make your gun/car absolutly useless. If you're impatient, you can head to the market place to buy a modification early but As I mentioned earlier, as a plan to make every kind market salesman into a con-artist, the devs steal 20% of your sales, which mean you have to save up 20k more.
12. The base character creation sucks. I find it super difficult to make a character that doesn't resemble an ogre. The character slides are basically squares where you move the mouse to get the desired effect, since I'm not the expert at character creation, I end up making an ogre. Whereas in Saints Row 3, It gives me handy bars with numbers on it so I can copy off someone, or steal someone else's character. Also, in saints row 3, the hair and breasts have jiggle bones function to make it look realistic, but APB does not.
13. Some, if not most of the decent clothes have to be unlocked at much later in the game, Which means you're going to have to grind to get some decent clothing OR, go to the marketplace to find out that clothes there aren't even customiseable, Also, as I mentioned earlier you can't properly customise clothing without premium which you can't get a permenant version of.
14. Certain car parts require RL money. I'm not going to repeat the fact that since this game is F2P, everything has a RL money price tag. Since no one drives the insignificant cars, the devs give free car parts. But on the fancy sports cars/SUV's you have to pay for car parts or you can always head to you nearest marketplace to also find out that cars can't customiseable like clothes, either.
15. The "Districts" are tiny. If you thought Steelport was small, then guess again. In APB, the action districts(the district where you play normally on) are extremely small and from 1 point to the other was only around 2.8 km or something.
16. It takes SUPER LONG to get max levels. With the new levels, the max rank is 215. Unless you're used to grinding in WoW, then welcome to your new, sad life in APB.
17. The story(if any) in APB sucks. You play as a lowly recruit that sucks up to be at the top. In saints row, you play as a nameless boss of a crime orginization.
However, saints row does also suck compared to APB in a few ways.
1. Clothing/tattoo/vinyl customization sucks. Even without premium, you could put your favorite brand on a T-shirt/your avatar and wear it. In saints row, all you can do is change the color of a certain piece of clothing and select from a list of dull looking tattoos and select a bunch of ugly looking preset decals for your car. Also, equipping clothes function is more advanced than Saints row 3, as you can wear different ear rings/gloves or put a certain belt with with something else.
2. Mix tape in APB is better. You could actually import songs you downloaded from youtube to listen to in the game and if you verify it, you can get people to hear your troll songs, however, APB uses last fm or something, which doesn't recongnize songs newer than 2007. Whereas in Saints row 3, all you could do is put songs from the official soundtrack to put into your mix tape. Also, in APB, you can skip to a certain point of a song or skip a song whereas in SR3, there's no control of what song is playing.
3. You can go into a social district to show off your ugly creations whereas in saints row, all you had was your sad buddy from some foreign country to show off your ogre character/ugly car.
In conclusion: APB is a good fashion game with the ability to blast music to random brazillians/russians, whereas SR3 is a sandbox shooting game. If SR3 were to have the clothing/tattoo/vinyl customizations like APB, Saints row 3 would have been much better despite it's other flaws.