The game sucked without Gat. i used to do everything with that dude. its not just that, i feel like 47 missions would be enough, but its the fact that half of them are 20 sec. long and are introducing you to activities, not acctual missions. and i miss the old multiplayer in sr2 i thought they were kinda cool and in sr3 they could have really inproved on them to make them awsome. the play style is ok but the way the missions were kinda sucked to i like working of one gang at a time and taking over the hoods like that. and not enought options for the clothing either. some stuff was cool but most of it was crap. saints row 4 better make up for all of this. cuz this is bullshit
1. The majority of people like me didn't want Gat to die, a mistake on the producers part and they are trying to correct that with Tag.
2. Agree about the mission lengths, though I'm grateful to be honest with the music missions which were awesome imo.
3. Multiplayer was pretty cool and wish it returned. Whored Mode isn't really as good as multiplayer to be honest.
4. The player still works on one gang at a time, the only difference is that the odd STAG mission would crop up here and there:
-Morningstar in Downtown were taken out first
-Morningstar in the east island were wiped out second
-Deckers were completely taken down after a short mission arc with STAG
-STAG and Luchadores had their own mission arcs, then it was the player's decision on how they would 'defeat' them (With the save shaundi ending, you don't actually defeat the Luchadores, only in a movie)
5. Customasation went down massively in Saints Row 3 though we got a few new things like Neck tattoos and more outfit types.
I think I'll post the goods and bads later on but you've pretty much summed up most of it. Aside from the story and customasation, Saints Row The Third was perfect for me.